Sunday, October 2, 2011

I really wish I had a jetpack right now

I find myself to be a lover of music. Any type of music. I'll at least try it, if I don't like it I'll listen to something else. In my search for new music, I usually randomly scroll through the vast amount of YouTube links to find a gem in large amount horrible covers rough. Although, in this case I was told by my friend Danimal to check out a band called We Were Promised Jetpacks. He told it was awesome Scottish Indie Rock. When anything comes out of Ireland, Scotland, or the north regions of Europe, I tend to think of bands such Frightened Rabbit, Mice Parade, and Two Door Cinema Club. The first track I listened to today from WWPJ was the ferocious "It's Thunder and It's Lightening". I found the track to have a subtle haunting aspect of the song to want to replay it at least 50 times after hearing it for the first time which I did. The lead singer's Scottish accent gives it a folksy feel to anything they play. The scream before the finale climax of "You were black" shivers my spine every time. I'll have to listen to this band much more in the following weeks!

1 comment: